Sunday, November 10, 2013

Co sleeping and SIDS

I have three children and my youngest is 9 months old. Co-sleeping is something I done since my first child.  THe reasons I co sleep is for the convenience of night time feedings and I panic when i cannot see or hear by baby. With the recent radio campaigns regarding co sleeping and the risk of SIDS, it is making me think twice.  According  http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/05222013-new-co-sleeping-study-reveals-shocking-sids-risk/, co sleeping increases the risk of SIDS by five times and 22% of SIDs death was due to co-sleeping. Southern Europe and Asia promote co sleeping. In Asia, the baby sleeps in between their parents a in a basket. They call this practice the river.   No matter what the preference is for the parents, safety should be considered first.

No comments:

Post a Comment